


The Owl and the Pussycat is a famous nonsense poem by Edward Lear, first published in 1871.Laurie Anderson composed and recorded a version titled Beautiful Pea Green Boat that appeared on her 1994 album Bright Red.
Laurie Anderson:
I'm lying in the shade of my family tree / I'm a branch that broke off / What will become of me? / Dear Mom, I'm lying here in this queen-sized bed. / I'm thinking back /To all the stories you read to me. / About the little animals who went to sea / In their beautiful pea green boat. / But I can't remember now / What happened then? /Dear Mom, how does it end?
The owl and the pussycat went to sea /In a beautiful pea green boat.
They took some honey and lots of money /Wrapped in a five pound note.
The owl looked up to the stars above /And sang to a small guitar.
O lovely pussy! Pussy my love! /What a wonderful pussy you are.
Let us be married /Too long we've tarried /But what shall we do for a ring?
What shall we do for a ring? /Hey! Hey!
They sailed away for a year and a day /To the land where the bong tree grows
And there in a wood a piggy wig stood /A ring at the end of his nose /A ring at the end of his nose.
And hand in hnd at the edge of the sand /They danced by the light of the /By the light of the, by the light of the moon. / And hand in hand at the edge of the sand /They danced by the light of the /By the light of the, by the light of the moon. /The moon, the moon. /Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!
ieva jansone, a visual artist "with migration background", currently based in berlin. world's citizen and homesick forever.

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen